Sunday, October 28, 2012

Soothing Comfort of Home


I try to be my best self all the time, but especially outside of my home. Some days are more of a challenge than others.  These are some scriptures that I keep in the back of my mind. I don't remember WHERE they are when I think of them. I usually need a concordance to look up their location in the Bible. However, I know basically what they say and try to keep them in my memory banks.
 
James 1:19 ESV - Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; - I have trouble with the slow to anger part, but I'm always trying.
 
Proverbs 17:28 ESV - Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent. - I try to keep silent.
 
Proverbs 29:20 ESV  - Do you see a man who is hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him. - being hasty in my words was more of problem in my past. I have learned, but do always practice this.
 
Proverbs 15:1 ESV - A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. - Tact. I believe I do have tact. What I do not always have is patience, therefore, I do not always have a soft answer.

Ephesians 4:29 ESV - Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. - to me this means gossip and I try my best to not feed that fire!

Proverbs 18:2 ESV - A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion. - who wants to be a fool?

Proverbs 12:15 ESV - The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice. - I try to always seek advice.

Ephesians 4:32 ESV - Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. - I try to always be kind.
 
James 3:1-18 ESV - Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness. For we all stumble in many ways. And if anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle his whole body. If we put bits into the mouths of horses so that they obey us, we guide their whole bodies as well. Look at the ships also: though they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are guided by a very small rudder wherever the will of the pilot directs. So also the tongue is a small member, yet it boasts of great things. How great a forest is set ablaze by such a small fire!- I stumble often, but do not want to be a stumbling block!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please drop me a line!

Copyright 2010 Please be considerate and do not use the contents of this blog without permission from the Authoress. Feel free to post a comment to ask for permission. Thank you so much for understanding and respecting my wishes. ~~ Copyright 2010