Friday, October 19, 2012

ABC - Childhood Traditions

None. There weren't any. We moved too much. We didn't do things every year - things that were special. There was the bottle brush Christmas tree every year. However, it brought such grumbles....

There were always twinkle lights for the tree and when we couldn't afford a tree the lights went on the wandering jew plant. That was pretty.

Gram usually had a birthday cake for me, if Mom couldn't.

I tried to listen to the same Christmas album every year. Here's a Youtube link:



The only tradition was a God-given one - it has always snowed by or on my birthday. God hasn't let me down.

As for my family NOW - we have given up the Christmas tree for several reasons - space, storage, personal reason, etc. However, I have instead  made up wreaths for almost every door in the house! I personalize them for each of us and then for the family.  Those are kinda neat really.  We also choose to observe the days of Hanukkah. We aren't perfect, but we try to do our best.

We are also trying to pay attention to Sukkot and Passover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please drop me a line!

Copyright 2010 Please be considerate and do not use the contents of this blog without permission from the Authoress. Feel free to post a comment to ask for permission. Thank you so much for understanding and respecting my wishes. ~~ Copyright 2010