Thursday, September 29, 2011

It's The Most Wonderful Time, Of The Year


Ah-haaa! You started singing the Christmas song didn't you? 

I meant Autumn. I love Autumn!  I love the smells of the leaves and fires burning.  The sounds of the leaves falling and crunching under my shoes as I walk.  I can hear the chipmunk scurry along. The sky is so much clearer and more blue than during the hazy humid days of summer.

Pumpkins, golden fields, crisp mornings, hikes on the trails that don't make me sweat profusely.

Great hair days on which my curls are just WONDERFUL and well-behaved.

Cinnamon apple smells and tastes. Cobblers, ciders, punch, apple donuts with cinnamon sugar sprinkles.


Farmers' Markets with bulging baskets, boxes, trunks and truck beds.  Flea markets with baked goods from the Amish.


My husband's birthday. My oldest son's birthday. Thanksgiving.

Such joy, peace and serenity.

2 comments:

  1. It IS a most wonderful time. I love fall for all the reasons you mentioned. Aren't you glad we have 4 seasons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE the site! The music is perfect...such a great thing! I'd love to be able to do this. You have a gift, Tyra! ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please drop me a line!

Copyright 2010 Please be considerate and do not use the contents of this blog without permission from the Authoress. Feel free to post a comment to ask for permission. Thank you so much for understanding and respecting my wishes. ~~ Copyright 2010