Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Film Appreciation

One of your 'fun' classes for this year is a Film Appreciation class.  We are having so much fun with this one.  It's work too, but lots of fun and laughter to go along with the work.

The movie we watched today was Room For One More, with Cary Grant and Betsy Drake.

The movie was about a married couple that decides to take in one foster child and then a second.  The mother, Anna, also takes in stray dogs, cats and a rabbit.  The father, Poppy, has to come to terms with even less private time with his wife.

It's all good fun, but the film showed the struggles that they had with each child.  It touched me because Anna miscarried their last child and feels a bit empty. I can relate to that empty feeling - as well as wanting to be a foster mom.  Poppy is reluctant to take on older foster children, but he is the one that makes 'Room For One More'.  I can imagine my husband doing the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please drop me a line!

Copyright 2010 Please be considerate and do not use the contents of this blog without permission from the Authoress. Feel free to post a comment to ask for permission. Thank you so much for understanding and respecting my wishes. ~~ Copyright 2010