Monday, March 12, 2012

Sunday Afternoons

Church today and then it was my turn to guide the YG Bible study.  One of the girls asked if we could do our study outside in the beautiful weather. Of course, I said, "YES!"  Snacks and Bibles in hand, out into the weather we went.

Afterwards, once we were home, I decided to sit in the Sanctuary of my gardens.  They are all brown and blechy right now, but it was so warm out there that I didn't mind the brown blechiness.  My backyard is very secluded. The only evidence of neighbors comes from any noises they may make - heard, but not seen.  If they don't make any noise, I only hear some mild traffic sounds and an occasional plane.  Mostly, I hear birds.

Mom's Quivering Aspen
The northwest corner of the backyard is hugged by a cedar fence. There is also a 45' pine tree, several cedar-type trees, cherry trees, a lilac, a flowering crab and a 42' Quivering Aspen that I found as an 8" shoot on my Mother's property many years ago.  There is a curved sitting bench in this corner. It once belonged to my Grampa. He gave it to me years before he died.  This is where I sit -- on my Grampa's bench. On either side of me are the cherry trees which I affectionately call, "The Grandmother Cherries."  I bought them shortly after both of my Grandmothers died in 2011 -- almost a year ago now.


That corner is the warmest, most secluded and most sheltered spot on our little piece of property.

We will see Momma bunnies sunning themselves there in the spring.  In the coming cold of winter, a cat will sometimes sun herself there too. In the spring you will also find me there too -- sunning away.  That's how it was for me today. A sunny spring day and I was in the back corner sunning myself.

Sleeping on my thick blankie.
Me & Sophie











Later, I decided to get my thick and plushy comforter and hug pillow. I threw then down on the deck in a sunny spot and promptly fell asleep.  This is a typical Sunday afternoon activity -- napping.  We get everything done that we need to, go to church and head home for a long afternoon nap.  It's a blessing during anytime of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please drop me a line!

Copyright 2010 Please be considerate and do not use the contents of this blog without permission from the Authoress. Feel free to post a comment to ask for permission. Thank you so much for understanding and respecting my wishes. ~~ Copyright 2010